Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Day in the Life

Good afternoon, all! I posted an updated 3 month before/after photo today of the success I've had with Beachbody fitness/nutrition products and coach support. Although I was hesitant when I first posted a similar photo in February to chronicle my 6 week progress, this time was much less daunting. I'm finally starting to feel comfortable and confident in my body, so it was much easier to share! Anywho, my photo generated some interest in what I'm doing to achieve such great results. After some thought, I decided that it might be beneficial to some if I detailed a day in the life of Karen. No day is the same, but every day is an opportunity to learn something new about myself. My journey has been one of a changed mindset when it comes to eating, working out, and interacting with others. And although I'm more than satisfied with the progress I've made in the last three months, I'm not content. I am going to continue to strive to be better, and I hope to pay it forward and influence others on a daily basis! So, without further ado, a day i the life of me!

4:45am......hit the snooze button for the first time
5:00am......hit the snooze button for the second time
5:10am......hit the snooze button for the third time
5:30am......moan and groan about how I don't want to get up
5:35am......engage in self-talk and analyze how badly I want to be healthy and inspire others
5:40am......muster up every ounce of determination and get out of bed
5:45am......brush my teeth, slick my hair back, and put on my workout clothes (if I didn't sleep in them...insider tip!)
6:00am......begin the most intense 45 min to 1 hour of my day with the Insanity workout
6:25am......pant, sweat, and curse while Shawn T kicks my ass
6:40am......continue above panting, sweating, and cursing
7:00am......smile and realize that although I'm covered in sweat, my day will be better because of that workout
7:10am......go into superhuman mode so that I can shower, blowdry my hair, put on makeup, and get dressed in time to make it to work
7:45am......blend my Shakeology and drink it like a boss
7:49am......sprint out the door and drive to work, drink my Shakeology, and plan out my day
8:00am.......WORK
10:00am.....snack time - I'll generally have an Oroweat Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin and a squeezeable pack of Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter. I LOVE snack time!
12:00pm......lunch time - I've decided that spending money at the hospital cafeteria is a waste of calories and money, so I've started packing my lunch. This past week I had a hard boiled egg, 90cal mozzarella cheese stick, and then made a pita sandwich with Toufayan Bakeries Whole Wheat Pita pocket, 4 slices turkey breast, half an avocado, and a handful of spinach.
2:00pm........snack time (I feel like I eat all day!) - to cure my chocolate cravings, I have Blue Diamond Chocolate flavored almonds. My sweet tooth is then put to sleep!
4:00pm........snack time - I grab an apple and chow down to keep my stomach from growling for the rest of the afternoon.
5:00pm........arrive home and "relax"....for all intents and purposes
6:00pm........have dinner - normally some oatmeal and 100cal popcorn. I know this isn't the best choice I make all day, so I'm going to experiment with quinoa and try to incorporate that into my dinner plans.
6:30pm........call it a day. Watch tv, do some business online, plan for the next day, let my mind race, etc.
8:30pm........start falling asleep on the couch. I'm so exhausted from my morning workout that I have no trouble falling asleep anymore.
3:00am.........realize that I fell asleep on the couch....again and decide whether I want to drag myself to my bed or let the couch win again.
4:45am.........it all begins again!

Note - I normally have about 32 oz of water before breakfast, a diet citrus green tea and 16 oz of water before lunch, about 16 oz of water with lunch, 16oz of water in the afternoon, and then about 32 more oz in the evening. It keeps me full and hydrated, reduces the bloat, and keeps my pee clear :)

Is it hard? Yes! Is it impossible? Definitely not! Everyone can find an hour (or less!) to fit a workout into their schedule. You can make the choice to grab the fuel your body needs instead of the sugar your body craves. You can do it! Think about how you can modify your day to make health a priority and get started!

If you need any tips, advice, or support, feel free to like my Facebook page, call/text me at (979) 229-9656 or email me! I'd love to help you get started on the right path to wellness!

-K

1 comment:

  1. this is great!!!! you are in inspiration and make me feel like a lug for not getting myself out of bed to work out every morning!

    ReplyDelete