Thursday, February 16, 2012

30 Day Challenge

I recently wrapped up my participation in my Team Beachbody (TBB) 30 Day Challenge. For 30 days, I worked out using a TBB workout (Slim in 6), drank Shakeology once a day, and logged my progress into our challenge's private Facebook group. It was a fun, challenging, and transformational experience. I lost about 8-9 pounds, over 10 inches, my flexibility improved, and my happiness and positivity grew exponentially!

When I began thinking about the challenge, I'll admit, I was apprehensive. The thought of an at home challenge/workout didn't seem very promising to me. I live alone and had become accustomed to getting home from work at 4:30 and immediately transforming into a couch potato. I'd become a sloth. I had no one to motivate and uplift  me, no one to keep that cookie from being pushed into my mouth, and definitely no one to tell me to get my ass of the couch. That is, I had no one to do this for me until my coach, Erika, had explained the challenge to me.

A challenge pack consists of a few basic, yet essential, items:

1) Your choice of a new fitness program (like Turbo Fire, P90X, Insanity, Slim in 6, etc);
2) A 30-day Club membership for custom meal planning;
3) Shakeology on HD (Chocolate, Greenberry, or Tropical Strawberry Vegan)


Plus, by being a part of this, you participate in a private facebook group for daily accountability and 
support. This is ALL done online and everyone just does their own personal best!


The "plus" turned out to be the most important part. Yes, the workouts toned my arms and increased my flexibility. The Club membership allowed me to log workouts and connect with others who were serious about fitness, and the shakeology fueled my body each and every day. But the accountability was and still is the thing that has made the world of difference. Seriously.


Without the private Challenge Facebook group and other challengers, without Erika,  I wouldn't have had success with the program. All the DVDs, websites, and meal replacements in the world can't make you realize that excuses are pointless, fat doesn't shed itself, and one bad day doesn't mean you can't regroup and refocus. My fellow challengers and my coaches did that. Accountability and support is key. The Beachbody Challenge provides just that, and I believe that to be the Beachbody difference.


As I plan to host my first Challenge, I only hope that I can share my experience as a challenger with others whom I will get to coach. Just like the challenge participants, I will be working out, drinking ShakeO, and working to motivate and inspire others. I will be working HARD to keep my challenge group accountable! I promise that! Just because a 30 Day Challenge ends doesn't mean that the road to health and happiness does. As my journey continues, I hope others join me and find equal, if not more, success! 


Have a fantastic Friday,
Karen




For more info on the Challenge, visit the TBB site by clicking this link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment