Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Resurrection

Near the end of 2011, I came to the realization that I had to take charge of my health.

I am a non-clinical hospital employee, but my interactions with medical and nursing staff (not to mention sick patients) make the plight of obesity and unhealthiness something that can't be ignored. I bit the bullet and blocked one week out of my schedule to to tackle every needed doctor visit to receive a clean bill of health. Except that "clean bill" isn't really what I received. Point blank, my doctors told me that I needed to lose weight. I needed to get healthy. I need to get healthy.

Nearly two months later, I've tackled several obstacles that initially stood in my way. I've joined a network of people who are like-minded when it comes to fitness and living healthy. I think this is the biggest and most wonderful thing that could have happened to me. I am a firm believer in fate, and I am certain that meeting these new friends has been instrumental in my new life. I'm thirty days strong of working out nearly every day. By working out, I mean sweating my ass off. I've also cleaned up my eating habits and have FINALLY gotten past the idea of "rewarding" myself or eating my emotions.

Let me just say, I'm not perfect. I have jiggles, lumps, and bumps. I'm not even at a healthy weight...yet. Although I've lost nearly 10 pounds since the resurrection, I still have about 10 more to lose to reach my optimal BMI range. After I lose those total 20 pounds, I plan making new goals. I plan on working just as hard to be the healthiest me I can be. And I plan on helping you become healthy!

As part of my resurrection, I have decided to help others become healthy. I want to be a positive influence on others. I want to show others that health and happiness are realities that are within the reach of each and every one of us.

In order to strengthen the impact I can have on others, I've joined Team Beachbody: the premier health and fitness support site that distributes amazing products like P90X, Hip Hob Abs, Slim In Six, Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, Power 90 and MANY others. I can personally attest to the greatness of this program! Slim In Six was my first program of choice, and I've tackled sessions of Power 90, P90X and Turbo Fire. They are awesome!

Just reading this is a great place for you and I to start! I'm excited to share this with you. I hope you join me on this journey, and I look forward to the opportunity to cheer you on, motivate you, and hold you accountable! What's better: you can provide me with the same thing! We will be growing (hopefully smaller) TOGETHER!

I'd like to close by doing two things: sharing my Team Beachbody information with you and sharing an excerpt from my personal journal with you. First, you can visit my Team Beachbody website by clicking HERE!  If you want to amp up your nutrition, I highly suggest Shakeology! I drink this every morning, and it POWERS me up each and every day!

Secondly, and most importantly, here's what began my resurrection. I wrote this on the night I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and told I needed to lose weight:



Everyone always says, “Prepare for the best. Expect the worst.” Why should we expect the worst out of situations and the people in our lives? What message are we sending if we never believe in others? Have the attitude that everything is going to turn out. Be confident that you will not be disappointed. We should always expect the best. Always. When we expect the best, we will receive the best.
As my journey began with those four letters, PCOS, I expected the best.

I expect the best.


If you have any questions, or if you want to learn more about me, Team Beachbody, or Shakeology, feel free to call me at (979) 229-9656 or email me.


"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means.” - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment